Explosives storage licence

To sell fireworks you must register with the council.

An explosives licence is usually granted for storage up to 250kg Net Explosive Content of HT4 (1.4G) fireworks, subject to an inspection for the suitability of your intended storage. Storage of fireworks on a licence must be in compliance with the conditions set out in the licence.

There is a fee for this explosives licence.

Once licenced, you can only sell fireworks at specified times of the year.

If you want to sell fireworks at any other time of the year you will need to purchase an additional licence. The fees also increase if your intended storage is for more than 250kg Net Explosive Content of HT4 (1.4G) fireworks. Any 1.3G fireworks will reduce the amount of your overall storage.

For more information, if you have a business within Slough you can complete an enquiry form for businesses and traders.

Contact Trading Standards (Businesses only)

Use this service if you are a Slough based business.

Contact Trading Standards team