If there is an enquiry in to the origin of the waste that is brought into the HWRC, the site operative may refer you to the lower site and weighbridge.
Drivers should report to the weighbridge office, where vehicles are inspected to make sure only domestic waste is being disposed and recycled. You may be asked for proof of address (such as a recent utility bill) and photo ID (driver's licence or passport).
Opening hours for public access
Last entry 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Monday to Friday: 7am - 4pm
- last entry is at 3.45pm.
- Saturday: 7am - 12noon
- last entry is at 11.45am.
- Closed on Sunday and bank holidays.
For your safey, if the requirements are not met you will not be allowed to tip:
- yellow hi-visibility vests and hard hats must be worn when using the weighbridge. A vest and hard hat can be loaned to you and must be returned when leaving the site.
- suitable footwear must be worn e.g. steel toe capped boots. Open-toed footwear is prohibited.