Insurance claims

Our risk and insurance section:

  • arranges appropriate and cost effective insurance cover to protect the assets and activities of the council and
  • deals with any claims which may arise out of the council's activities.

How to make a claim

If you have had a personal injury and/or loss of or, damage to personal property and wish to make a claim against the council you can find the details of the insurance claim process and form or e-form here:

We are committed to protecting the public funds we handle, and to prevent and detect fraud. We may share information relating to claims with other organisations and public bodies. The deliberate provision of false or misleading information will always be reported to the police for investigation and action will be taken to recover costs.

If you have any questions you can email

Tenants/leaseholder contents insurance

Please note: the risk and insurance section does not deal with the following:

  • tenants contents insurance
  • leaseholder contents insurance.