Certain categories of people are disregarded, or not counted, for the purposes of calculating the number of people resident in a property. If all but 1 occupier is disregarded, a discount of 25% will be given. If all occupiers are disregarded, a discount of 50% will be given.
- Single person discount.
- Students in full time education.
- Patients in hospitals/nursing homes.
- People providing care - care workers and carers.
- Local discounts - care leavers.
- 18 & 19 yr olds for whom child benefit is being paid.
- People detained in prison.
- Members of religious communities.
- Diplomats and members of certain international headquarters (please contact us).
- People who are severely mentally impaired.
- Disabled relief - council tax reduction for people with disabilities.
- People providing care.
If you need more information on any of the discounts above please select the relevant link, for more details, or contact us. You can also contact us if you are unable to access these forms.