Make a Freedom of Information request
You can make a Freedom of Information Act or an Environmental Information Regulations request on the following form.
The Freedom of Information Act gives the applicant two related rights:
- the right to be told whether the information exists (the duty to confirm or deny)
- the right to receive the information.
We will respond to your request within 20 working days from the day after we receive the request.
If we need to ask you for further information to clarify your request, then the time limit to respond only starts once we have received clarification from you. If we ask you to clarify your request and you don’t, then after three weeks the request will lapse.
Sometimes we will need to extend the deadline to reply to you, and we will contact you to let you know this.
Most requests are free. If postage and photocopying costs over £10, we might charge you:
- postage costs
- 10p per black and white page
- 50p per colour page
We will advise you of charges before a response is sent. And you can withdraw your request without paying.
Environmental information held by Land Charges will be subject to their published fees.
Other ways to make a request
You can make a Freedom of Information request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
Slough Borough Council
25 Windsor Road, Slough
Postal requests are the slowest and least environmentally friendly way to correspond with us, and we much prefer web form or email. Our post is scanned and sent to the team digitally, so if you do write to us, please provide an email address if you have one so we can email you back.
- your name
- your contact address (preferably an email address)
- a clear description of the information required
- the format you would like to receive the information in, such as paper, or in a spreadsheet (by default, we will email the information)