Disposing of asbestos
Bonded asbestos, ie asbestos cement products, can be accepted without charge at Chalvey Waste Transfer Station via the Household Waste Recycling Centre.
This service is by appointment only. To make an appointment, call the Chalvey Waste Transfer Station on 01753 475111 option 4.
You must also meet the following conditions:
- be a resident of Slough;
- bring proof of address with you, such as a recent utility bill and photo ID (drivers license of passport);
- the cement bonded asbestos must be arising from a domestic property e.g. a shed roof, drainpipes, water tank;
- only 5 small (which can be carried in a car) sheets of bonded asbestos can be accepted;
- the asbestos must be damped down and then double bagged or wrapped tightly in plastic as this prevents release of dust;
- either bring help with you or bring manageable sized pieces, as staff are not able to assist you;
Please note: You must inform a member of staff on site that you are planning to dispose of asbestos.
The cement bonded asbestos must be arising from a domestic property within the borough. If you bring more than the accepted 5 small sheets, then you might need to have disposal undertaken by a specialist Asbestos Removal Contractor, Licensed by the Health and Safety Executive.
You can also dispose of bonded asbestos at the Buckinghamshire County Council Waste Transfer Station:
Please refer to individual site policies for their acceptance criteria.
Larger or trade disposal
Demolition and disposal of waste of larger asbestos cement structures or other types of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) will need to be carried out by a specialist Asbestos Removal Contractor, Licensed by the Health and Safety Executive.
You can contact the Neighbourhood Enforcement Team on 01753 875255 for advice.