Transferring over to Universal Credit

Over the next year, most working age people who receive legacy benefits will need to claim Universal Credit (UC). This includes:

  • tax credits
  • income-related employment and support allowance
  • income support
  • income-based jobseeker's allowance and
  • housing benefit.

For the first group of households in Slough affected by managed migration to Universal Credit, Migration Notices will be issued from April 2024. A "Migration Notice" is a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) asking you to claim Universal Credit within 3 months.

If you are part of a couple, you will both be sent letters with the same deadline.