Homeseekers newsletter 2022-23

Other housing options

Money to move

If you are a Slough Borough Council tenant and want to downsize by one bedroom or more, you may be eligible for our Tenants Incentive (money to move) scheme. The incentive scheme pays £2,000 per bedroom released minus any rent arrears or recharges.

* Housing Association tenants can still join the housing register to downsize but we cannot offer the incentive scheme.

Mutual exchange

If you are a

  • Slough Borough Council tenant and want to move home you can try and find your perfect swap by registering at HomeSwapper.
  • Housing Association tenant, then you should contact your landlord for details of how they can help you to move.

Shared ownership

  • Sovereign at the Horlicks Quarter is an iconic new development of brand new homes. A collection of 1 & 2 bedroom apartments will be available in early 2023.
  • There are also a range of shared ownership units available at Aspire, Herschel Street. You can find further information about these fantastic apartments at Carsons.
  • You can also visit Finding a shared ownership home (GOV.UK) to find further information.

Extra care schemes

Extra care housing is for older residents over the age of 55 with some care and support needs. There are two schemes in Slough (The Pines & Northampton Place).

Living in extra care housing enables residents to live in self-contained accommodation and continue to maintain their independence, dignity and personal choice. To be considered you must be on the housing register for a rented property and the shared ownership waiting list for a shared ownership property.

How to contact us

All enquiries relating to the Housing Register should be made to customer services on 01753 475111. 

You can write to us at:

Place & Community
Accommodation Group
Slough Borough Council
Observatory House
25 Windsor Road