Guidance on street numbering
The council will number all new property developments based on the following principles:
- Even numbers should be on the right side and odd numbers on the left when accessed from the nearest major road
- In certain cases, such as cul-de-sacs, we may number properties consecutively in a clockwise direction
- Generally we will not exclude number 13 from the numbering sequence
- All new properties will be allocated a postal number. If a name is given to a property, the postal number must be used in addition to the name
- On an existing street, the number will be given a suffix (e.g. 4a, 4b) if the next number is already taken.