The local studies collection on the 2nd floor of Slough Library brings together information on all aspects of the local area, past and present including historical copies of local newspapers.
There are also smaller collections at Britwell, Cippenham and Langley Libraries. If you would like help in finding information from our Local studies collections or would like to make any enquiry, please contact us in person, by phone, email or online via the library contact form.
Books and pamphlets
- General histories of the local area
- Histories of individual people, companies and institutions
- Environmental studies
- And more - anything published that relates to this area
We have over 7000 images of Slough and the surrounding area. Some of these images have been added or index on Slough History Online.
- Ordnance Survey sheets going back to 1875
- Prints of early maps of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire
- Other maps and plans of Slough and the surrounding area
Slough History online
Slough History Online - is a local history archive including newspapers, articles, photographs, stories and memories relating to Slough. As mentioned above it includes photos of the local area, scans of local newspapers between 1883 and 1929 and articles on the histry of the local area as well as the memories of local residents.
Other sources of information
Can't find what you are looking for? See also Family History, or look at our Guide to Slough's Museum, Archives & other heritage services.