Child entertainment and performance licence

A licence is required for a child who performs in the entertainment industry. This is needed for a child from birth to the end of compulsory education. A young person reaching 16 years of age between the start of the school year (year 11) and 31 August remains of compulsory school age until the last Friday of June in that year.

Modelling licence

A modelling licence is required for still photographic assignments e.g. catalogue, leaflets, posters etc.

Performance licence

A performance licence is for performances which can be live, filmed or broadcast. These could include: films, tv, radio, commercials, sport, music groups, theatre, amateur dramatics and dance groups.

The person responsible for the production or event should apply for the licence to the local authority the parent or guardian pays council tax.