The role of Attendance Service
The role of the School Attendance Service is to:
- provide guidance and advice to schools regarding the attendance policy and procedures
- assess and monitor the education provision of children that are electively home educated to ensure children are provided with efficient, full-time education that is suitable to:
- their age
- aptitude and
- any special educational needs they might have.
- work in partnership with schools to promote and, where necessary, enforce regular school attendance. This will include regular monitoring of school attendance, liaison with other agencies and direct work with pupils and their families
- issue Fixed Penalty Notices and start legal enforcement with parents if their child’s attendance fails to comply with statutory requirements, without satisfactory reason
- promote general welfare and safeguarding of pupils.
Our service responsibilities:
- School Attendance guidance September 2021.
- Elective Home Education (EHE) policy & procedures 2021/22.
- Children Missing Education (CME) policy 2021/22.
The School Attendance service can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01753 787670.
For pupil tracking email email@example.com or call 01753 787670.