Channel is an early intervention scheme, which provides support to anyone who is identified as being at risk of radicalisation and vulnerable to being drawn into terrorism and extremism. It provides tailored individual support. It makes sure vulnerable children and adults of any faith, ethnicity or background receive support before their vulnerabilities are exploited by those that would want them to embrace terrorism, and before they become involved in criminal terrorist related activity.
The programme uses a multi-agency approach to protect vulnerable people and:
- identifies individuals at risk
- assesses the nature and extent of that risk and,
- develops the most appropriate support plan for the individuals concerned.
Success of the programme is dependent on the cooperation and coordinated activity of partners. It works best when the individuals and their families fully engage with the programme and are supported in a consistent manner.
Taking part in Channel is voluntary.
Concerns about an individual or family
- Use the online form to contact the Prevent team.
- Call the national anti-terrorist hotline at anytime and in complete confidence, on 0800 789 321.
- Call Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.