Public weighbridge registration

If you operate any public weighing or measuring equipment, such as a public weighbridge, you will need a certificate of competence.

This is issued by the chief inspector of weights and measures. You can call 01753 475111 (Regulatory Services option) to get your certificate of competence.

There is no fee for this, but there are penalties if you don't hold a certificate.