Other ways to dispose of bulky items
There are a number of ways that you can dispose of bulky or other re-useable household items. These include:
- donating to a local charity, the local community voluntary sector or local second hand shops;
- selling items through free ads;
- giving items to friends or relatives;
- take items to your local household waste recycling centre;
- use a private waste disposal company;
- hire a skip from a private contractor.
Fly-tipping is a crime, which carries a maximum £50,000 fine at Magistrates Court and up to five years in prison and an unlimited fine at Crown Court.