Rent arrears when you are leaving us

When giving up your council tenancy, you should make sure your rent account is clear.

If you have rent arrears, your housing officer will contact you during your four week notice period to discuss a repayment plan.

If you are unable to clear your rent account, we will still expect you to pay the arrears after you have moved.