Tenancy advice for the bereaved

Bereavement can be a difficult time for family and friends.

Visit the government’s website for step-by-step information about what to do when someone dies.

You will need to register the death.

When you register the death, the registrar will give you a reference number. You can use this to access the government’s Tell Us Once service. This service will contact the necessary government and council departments to notify them of the death.

 What you need to do next depends on if: