What to do about Council Tax in the event of a death

What information do we need?

You need to let us know:

  • the name of the deceased person and the date they died
  • the address where they lived
  • whether a Single Person Discount is now required.

If the deceased was a Council Tax payer we will need the following information:

  • the names and addresses of any executors to the will of the deceased person
  • the name and address of an appointed solicitor if you want us to deal directly with a solicitor.