What to do about Council Tax in the event of a death

Council tax reduction scheme

If you have been claiming CTRS as a couple, it may mean that you will need to make a claim in your own right. Please contact benefits@slough.gov.uk if you need help with your application.

The claim process has been made as simple as possible and on most occasions can be completed on-line without the need to visit the council offices in person.

If you have not previously claimed as a couple, you may wish to consider applying based on your current circumstances. If you have any doubt as to whether you may qualify please contact us so that we can explain the application process and, if appropriate, arrange a telephone application at a convenient time.