Council tax and landlords


If you own a property and rent it to tenants you are required to notify us when there is a change of occupancy.

Details required are:

  • the names of all tenants moving into or out of the property
  • the dates each of the tenants moved into or out of the property
  • forwarding addresses of any tenants who moved out of the property
  • any other relevant information.

We may ask that you supply copies of the tenancy agreements to substantiate the information. 

Please note that for any period between tenancies you will be made responsible for council tax payments.

There is no discount for an unoccupied property so full Council Tax is payable for any unoccupied period.