Slough moves into covid tier 2

The change will come into force at 00:01 Saturday 24 October. Find out more details about Slough going into tier 2 and what it means.

Please go to our coronavirus pages for the latest guidance, how services are affected, and what help is available.

Complaints for Neighbourhood Services

Neighbourhood and Housing Service complaints and comments

Sometimes we may get things wrong, if that happens we want you to tell us so we can put it right.

Complaints policy

How to make a complaint   

Designated persons

The Housing Ombudsman is an independent organisation which deals with disputes between tenants and landlords. From April 2013, if you want to contact the Housing Ombudsman Service your complaint will first need to be considered by a ‘designated person’.

This is a stage which has been introduced into social housing complaints procedures by the Localism Act 2011 to give local people a more active role in resolving complaints.

Designated persons are defined in the Act as MPs, local councillors or designated tenants' panels. Local people can set up their own tenants' panels but they need to be recognised as such by their landlord. If you would like more information about these panels please contact us.You can refer your complaint directly to the Ombudsman (and without a referral from a designated person) eight weeks after you have exhausted (completed) our internal procedure.

More information can be found on the Chartered Institute of Housing website.

Contact details for the Housing Ombudsman:
Housing Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Harbour Exchange Square
London E14 9GE

Telephone: 0300 111 3000 (lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:15 to 17:15)
Website: Housing Ombudsman website.