Antisocial behaviour

Community Trigger

About the Community Trigger

The Community Trigger has been designed to help resolve repeated complaints about antisocial behaviour.

If you have reported antisocial behaviour and you believe that no action has been taken in response you can use the Community Trigger.

The Community Safety Partnership has designed the Community Trigger to make sure the council, police and housing providers (and other agencies who form part of the Community Safety Partnership, as necessary) work together to try resolving your complaint of antisocial behaviour. How will we do this? We'll talk about the problem, share information and act together to try and resolve the complaint.

But it's not a first port-of-call: it's to be used if you believe there has been a failure to respond to your complaint.

The Community Trigger won't replace organisations' own complaints procedures, and you'd still have the opportunity to complain to the Ombudsman or Independent Police Complaints Commission if you are unhappy about the service you have received from an individual officer or service.

How can I use the Community Trigger?

You can use the Community Trigger in either of the following situations.

  • If you (as an individual) have complained to Slough Borough Council, Thames Valley Police and/or a Registered Housing Provider (social landlord) at least three times about separate incidents in the last six months, and you think that no action has been taken.
  • If there have been five related reports from a combination of people in the local community, who have complained separately to the Council, Thames Valley Police and/or a Registered Housing Provider (social landlord) in the last six months about related incidents of antisocial behaviour and no action has been taken.

You can either:

You will need to provide details of each time you've complained, who you've complained to (name, organisation and/or Incident Reference Number) and information about the antisocial behaviour.

If you have an ongoing complaint that is being dealt with, your case is not appropriate for the Community Trigger.

What can I expect?

Once you have asked for a Community Trigger, we will ask the agencies involved to provide details of your complaints and the actions that they have considered and taken.

A meeting will then take place between the appropriate agencies to discuss the antisocial behaviour and what actions have been considered and taken. The meeting may include Thames Valley Police, Slough Borough Council, the Registered Housing Provider and other partners (if they are involved). The group will review how the Partnership has responded and make recommendations on how the problem can be resolved.

A response will be sent to you on behalf of the Community Safety Partnership, detailing the action taken, and also suggestions on how the Partnership can attempt to resolve the antisocial behaviour.

If you are unhappy with the Partnership response, you can request a further review from the Community Safety Manager by emailing