Becoming a childminder
Becoming a childminder and looking after children in your own home can be an extremely rewarding career choice. There are a number of positive outcomes and reasons for becoming a childminder:
- be self employed and run your own business
- be in control of your working hours
- work from home and balance the needs of your own family
- care for small groups of children, provide target learning opportunities, watch them grow and develop
- possibilities to undertake training, qualifications and have career progression.
Childminders are required to register with Ofsted and follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum when working with children under the age of five. Alternatively, you can register with an approved Childminder Agency. To register with Ofsted you may need to complete a training course and have current paediatric first aid qualification.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01753 476554 for further details.