Changes in circumstances

Tell us about any changes

Overpayments and underpayments

If you feel that you have been paid too much or too little benefit, you must contact the benefits section immediately.

Changes of circumstances

If you have already submitted a claim for Housing Benefit and your circumstances have changed you must tell us immediately as the change may affect the level of benefit you receive.

You need to tell us of any changes within one month of the change happening so you don’t lose out on any extra benefit you may be entitled to. If you have been overpaid benefit then you are liable to pay the money back to us whether payment was made to you or your landlord.

You can tell us online about a change in your circumstances.

If you are not able to complete the form online, please email and a clerical form can be posted. Once completed, you can:

  • scan the form and email it to In your email, please give your benefit reference number which starts with 100 in the subject field or include your name and the full address you are claiming at. You can attach scans or photos of any supporting information.
  • post your form to PO Box 1032 Slough SL1 3YT.