If items are not returned or renewed by their due date they will incur overdue charges.
- Adult books (including 14+ stock)
£0.15 for each day the issuing library is open.
These charges are capped at a maximum of £5 per item.
- Children's books
For children aged 0-13 : NO overdue charges.
For children aged 14+ : £0.05 for each day the issuing library is open.
These charges are capped at a maximum of £1.50 per item.
- e-Books, e-Audiobooks and e-Magazines
NO overdue charges
e-Books, e-Audiobooks and e-Magazines will be deleted from your account after the loan period is complete.
You can renew e-Books and e-Audiobooks to extend the loan period and will be sent a reminder to do so.
- Physical items can only be renewed up to 4 times on the phone or online. They cannot be renewed if you owe more than £10 or if an item is reserved for another customer.
- Children aged 0-13 will receive no overdue charges, provided items are borrowed on the child's own card.
- Overdue charges are charged on a daily basis ie, library opening days (not weekly) until the maximum charge is reached.
- If an item becomes overdue and you are receiving notices by post, there will only be one final notice, for which you will receive an additional charge of £1.
To avoid this charge, either set your account to receive notices by email, or return your books on time.
Receiving notices by email means you will also receive "pre-overdue" notices - advance warning that your books need returning and one additional email overdue notice, before receiving a final notice by post. Contact us to be set up with email notices