Private hire driver

Updating your name or address

If you have changed your name or address or both, on

  • combined Hackney carriage and private hire badge
  • Hackney carriage badge
  • private hire badge

you will need to inform us of your updated details using the Report a licence change of circumstances form.

We will then update your hackney carriage, private hire or combined badge.

When you complete the form, you will need to provide copies of certain documents as evidence.

Changing your name or your name and address

If you are changing your name, or you are changing your name and address, you will need to provide copies of the following documents showing your updated details:

  • passport
  • DVLA driving licence
  • one of the following:
    • change of name deed
    • marriage certificate
    • divorce document.

Changing your address only

If you are changing your address only, you will need to provide a copy of both sides of your updated DVLA driving licence with your new address as part of completing the form. If you have not got it yet, you can email a copy when it arrives.