Report suspected adult abuse

Whoever you are, if you see, hear or know something that concerns you and suspect a person is being harmed or abused, you must report what you know. The worst thing you can do is nothing. For more information on identifying abuse, see our page on what is abuse.

Every adult has the right to be treated with dignity, have their choices respected and live a life free from fear.

Disability, illness or frailty means that many adults over the age of 18 have to rely on other people to help them in their day-to-day living. Sadly, it is because they have to depend on others that they become vulnerable and at risk of abuse, very often from people they know such as a relative, friend, neighbour or paid carer.

Contact Slough adult social care services

Are you a member of the public?

Health and social care professionals

In an emergency

  •  Emergency duty team on 01344 351999 or
  •  Call the police on 999 or non emergency 101.