Making a building control application
Slough Building Control offers two different types of application for building regulations approval:
- Full Plan Check. In this process, a full set of plans are submitted for approval. These plans are checked by a surveyor in detail for any potential issues, and to determine whether they show compliance with the building regulations. An inspection plan is then produced, detailing the stages of the building work that need to be inspected by a surveyor. Once building works are completed in line with the Building Regulations you will receive a Completion Certificate. This application type is suitable for all types of projects.
- Building notice. In this process, all of the checks for compliance with the Building Regulations are carried out on site. The plans of the project are given a brief overview, before an inspection plan is drawn up, detailing the stages of the building work that need to be inspected by a surveyor. If the check of your plans raises any issues or queries, you may also receive a Building Notice Schedule, requesting more information, or highlighting potential issues with compliance. Once building works are completed in line with the Building Regulations you will receive a Completion Certificate. This application type is only suitable for simple projects where you are confident in your builder’s knowledge of the building regulations.
If you are making an application online, please first read the Building Regulations Submission notes and guidance.
If you would prefer to make your application on a paper form. Please download the relevant form from the list below:
- Application for a building notice/full plans
- Application for replacement of windows and doors
- Regularisation application (for building work completed since November 1985 for which an application was not made).
Please complete your paper application and return to:
Slough Building Control Services,
Slough Borough Council
25 Windsor Road
You can also submit your form via email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a charge for making a building regulations application. Our list of charges for common building projects gives fees for most types of work, or call us on 01753 875810 to discuss a quote for your work.
If you wish to, you can pay for your application over the phone. To do this, please contact us on 01753 875810 (between 10am - 12pm, and 2pm - 4pm).
Once your application has been submitted, a member of the support team will check that all the correct documents have been provided, and register the application. It will then be allocated to one of the team of building control surveyors, who will begin the process of checking the plans and drawing up an inspection plan.
The inspection plan should normally arrive within 10 working days, but you can request an inspection 48 hours after you submit your application. Once work commences on site, remember to contact the team to arrange for the inspections outlined in your inspection plan. Once works on site are completed and all the relevant documentation has been checked, you will receive a completion certificate, showing your compliance with building regulations.