Cookie Consent by

Council tenants handbook


Repairs are done by our repairs partner Osborne.

You should report a repair online.

To check if the repair is our responsibility or your responsibility:

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Please go to our accessibility statement for more information.

You can also report a repair by calling 0800 915 1215. You can call between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 12 noon on Saturdays.

Emergency call-out service

An emergency call-out service operates outside of usual working hours 365 days a year on 0800 915 1215. The call centre is not in Slough, so please give clear information about your address and problem.

Please note, if Osborne attend and find it is not an emergency, you will be charged for the emergency call-out and the full cost of the work. Check below if your repair is an emergency.

Prioritising repairs

When you report a fault, we will decide if it’s an emergency, urgent or a routine repair.

Emergency repairs

Emergency repairs are for those situations that are:

  • actually or potentially dangerous, and
  • where there is a serious risk to the health and safety of people.

It is also likely to include repairs where immediate action will prevent serious damage to property.

Our repairs contractor will:

  • attend the property within 2 hours of the fault being reported to 'make safe'
  • aim to complete the repair within 24 hours or the next working day (if attended by the out of hours service).

Emergency repairs are most likely to be to:

  • secure external doors or ground floor windows
  • remedy serious and uncontrollable leaks
  • remedy sewage backing up into the property
  • remedy unsafe electrics that are sparking, smoking or have loose wires
  • remedy total loss of electric, unless this is due to a general power failure affecting other properties. In those cases you should contact your electricity supplier
  • remedy gas fumes or leaks. We will contact National Gas Emergency Service to isolate the property.

Loss of heating or hot water is only an emergency repair if you, or a member of your household, would suffer greatly because of:

  • extreme age (children under two years of age and people who are ninety years or older)
  • health (suffering from a terminal illness).

Otherwise it is an urgent repair.

Urgent repairs

Urgent repairs are issues which risk danger to people or damage to property if they are not attended to within 3 days.

Our repairs team will complete these repairs within 3 working days.

Urgent repairs are most likely to be:

  • to remedy partial loss of electric power (unless it is possible for you to change a fuse or reset the consumer unit to restore power)
  • to remedy partial loss of water supply
  • to remedy loss of heating or hot water
  • to unblock a blocked toilet where you have been unable to clear the blockage yourself
  • to fix a door entry system that is not working.

Routine repairs

Our repairs contractor aims to complete routine repairs within 20 working days.

Visiting your property

When we visit your property for repairs or an inspection there must be a responsible adult present for the whole visit.

If the only person at the property is under 18 years old, the contractor or council officer will refuse to carry out the work or inspection. You will need to report the fault again.

All contractors and council officers carry identification (ID) cards. You should always ask to see ID before allowing them into your home. Remember: if in doubt, shut them out!

If our contractor or inspector calls and you are not in, they will leave a note to let you know they called. Please call the number given on the note and let us know when we should come again.

All our contractors have been instructed not to smoke in or around our tenants’ homes. We ask you to reciprocate and not smoke in the vicinity of an operative doing works in your home.

Whilst they are working, your home is their workplace. It must be as safe an environment as possible.

If you have a dog or any other animal, you should keep them away from the contractor’s working area.