Why have I received a summons?
You have received the summons because the full balance of your council tax for the period shown on the summons is now due, and payment has not been received from you.
The full amount is now due because it relates to a past period, or because you have lost your right to pay your current year’s council tax by instalments
If you can pay in full including the £83.95 costs, please do so before the court date. There is no need for you to attend court.
You can pay your council tax in a number of ways
- by telephone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by telephoning 0300 456 0480
- via your online banking using the following bank details:
Sort Code: 30-97-73
Bank Account No: 00251708
Bank address: Lloyds Bank, 123 High Street, Slough, SL1 1EH
- via our online payments system, if you have a debit or credit card. You can make regular or one-off payments 24 hours a day.
When you pay, please have the following details to hand:
- your council tax account reference number
- your payment details and;
- your debit or credit card details.