Report a crime or emergency

Within Slough Borough Council area, a crime or an emergency should be reported to Thames Valley Police on the following contact numbers:


In an emergency always call 999

It is an emergency when:

  • a crime is being committed
  • there is a risk of injury
  • there is a risk of serious damage to property.

Non-emergency crimes

  • Call 101 to report a non-emergency crime or to give information to Thames Valley Police.
  • Call 0044 1865 841148 to contact Thames Valley Police from outside of the United Kingdom.
  • Report non-emergency crimes or incidents using Thames Valley Police’s non-emergency reporting form.

Reporting a hate crime

Hate crime includes acts of violence or hostility directed at people because of who they are - or who someone thinks they are. Hate crime is any crime where a person is targeted because of their age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, faith or sexual orientation. In all serious incidents - where you fear for your own or another's safety – you should contact Thames Valley Police on 101. In an emergency dial 999.

If you feel unable to report an incident to the police directly, you can contact Victims First or call 0300 1234 148.

Anti-terrorist hotline 0800 789 321

  • Use this number to report something suspicious or if you're unsure about someone's behaviour. Call 999 in an emergency.

Thames Valley Crimestoppers 0800 555 111

  • Use this number to anonymously give information about crime to the Crimestoppers charity. You do not have to give your name, sign any kind of statement or appear in court.
  • More information on Crimestoppers.

Deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired?

  • Textphone users 18000: to contact the emergency services using textphones.
  • Relay UK, the national text to voice relay service.
  • Use the emergency SMS service to make emergency contact by text message (SMS) to the Thames Valley Police (please note that you need to register your phone first).