Cookie Consent by

Local authority searches

Land charges search

When buying a property or a piece of land, a local authority search should be undertaken. This is normally carried out by a solicitor, conveyancer or a legal representative. Searches reveal any restrictions affecting the land or property.

The council investigates any restrictions and brings all the information together in the form of a local authority search. 

Please note, all drainage questions should be directed to Thames Water. Enquiries about the ownership of property or land within Slough are dealt with by H.M. Land Registry.

Contact local land charges

How to contact the local land charges team