Adapting or improving your home

Disability equipment and home adaptations can help you if you are disabled or an older person.

If you, or a member of your family, are having difficulty getting around your home due to a physical disability, sensory impairment or old age, you can request an occupational therapy assessment for equipment and adaptations to make it easier for you to live independently.

You must be a permanent Slough resident and have a disability which:

  • has lasted or is likely to last for at least 12 months and has no prospect of significant improvement
  • significantly affects your ability to carry out activities of daily living in the home, or imposes a burden on your carer or family.

Living independently - related pages