Adapting or improving your home

Am I eligible for a DFG?

You can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant from the council if you or someone living in your property is registered as disabled under Government legislation and:

  • is either the owner, or tenant of the property (landlords may apply on behalf of disabled tenants)
  • you can certify that you, or the person on whose behalf you are applying, intend to occupy the property as your main residence throughout the grant period – currently five years.

For more information go to GOV.UK Disabled facilities Grant (DFG).

Related information