Key facts about the rental e-scooter scheme
Neuron Mobility has funded the infrastructure, such as:
- virtual docking stations
- costs incurred by local authorities for signage, road markings, and traffic regulation orders.
There has been no capital cost to the council for the scheme.
There are 300 e-scooters in the borough.
- Riders must hold a valid full or provisional driving licence to use a rented e-scooter.
- It is acceptable to also have an overseas full driving licence from an EU or EEA country. To check eligibility please refer to the government’s online eligibility checking tool.
- Riders must be over 18 years old.
- Riders should wear a helmet while operating the scooter, the one provided or their own.
- Rented e-scooters have a maximum speed of 15mph.
- Insurance is provided by the operator.
- E-scooters can only be used on the road and in cycle and bus lanes.
- E-scooters are not permitted on pavements, playing fields and parks.
- If taken in ‘No-Go Zones’ the speed will automatically reduce and the e-scooter will eventually come to a stop due to geofencing technology.