Appeals and reviews
As an applicant, you can request a review of:
- how we assessed your application
- the priority band awarded
- a decision to reduce priority
- the cancellation of your application
- whether a housing offer we made was suitable
- a Housing Panel decision.
You need to request a review in writing and send it to:
Slough Borough Council
25 Windsor Road
You must request a review within 21 days of the original decision.
You may wish to take independent legal advice.
What happens next
We aim to respond to your review request within 56 days. We might decide that the initial decision was correct or change our decision if we made a mistake.
If you are not satisfied by our response, you can make a complaint to the council.
You may be able to take your case to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman or the Housing Ombudsman. You can contact them to find out which is appropriate for your situation.