Charges for services
What services do we charge for?
Most services for care and support in your own home are subject to a charge, including:
- personal budgets and direct payments
- home care and support at home (including extra care/supported living)
- replacement care
- day centre support
- reablement and independence service - after the first six weeks
- equipment and adaptations costing over £1,000
- assistive technology.
What services don’t we charge for?
There are some services you will not have to pay for, including:
- the assessment of your care needs
- information, advice and advocacy
- reablement and independence service - up to six weeks
- smaller pieces of equipment and adaptations, costing over £1,000, that you or your carer are assessed as needing as a community care service, and for which you are eligible.