Paying for residential or nursing home care

Going into a care home

If you are no longer able to live at home, even with appropriate home care support, and you need financial help in order to go into a care home, you should contact Slough Adult Social Care.

Someone from Adult Social Care will visit you to assess your care and support needs. If you wish to have support in the assessment process, you may have someone with you, such as a relative, friend or independent advocate. If the outcome of your assessment shows that your care needs can best be met in a residential or nursing home, we can, if you wish, help you choose a suitable home.