Cookie Consent by

What planning permission or approval is needed

Other forms of planning application

In addition to a standard planning application, there are also several other forms of planning permission you may need:

In addition to Planning Permission, there are other laws and permissions that affect building work. The following permissions should also be checked before you start work:

  • covenants and private rights
  • rights of way
  • ancient monuments
  • licensed sites
  • protected species
  • the Party Wall Act.

Please note some of these laws and permissions are not related to planning matters. As such, the council is unable to assist with enquires relating to them. Advice on the above can be found on the planning portal website.

If you have any doubt about what permission you need, please contact us for advice before starting work.

Contact the planning team

Contact the planning team