Tenants Incentive (Money to Move Scheme)
Are you under-occupying your home and would like to move to a property which is more manageable and affordable?
The Council has made some changes to the existing Tenants Incentive (Money to Move) scheme which came into effect on April 1, 2018. Eligible council tenants will now be paid £2,000 per bedroom released.
Who is eligible?
- all secure council tenants who are able to downsize by at least one bedroom
- tenants who have kept their home in good order
- tenants who are able to give us vacant possession on their existing property
- tenants with rent arrears which will be fully cleared with the incentive payment due to them.
- eligible tenants should be able to downsize by one bedroom or more without being overcrowded
- allocations to new properties will be based on the current housing policy which can be found at housing - how to apply
- vulnerable tenants who are currently working with a Tenancy Sustainment Officer will be offered advice or assistance with moving to a smaller property.
How to apply
In order for us to consider your application to downsize, you must first be registered on the council’s housing register (waiting list). To apply to go on to the housing register you can download the application form here or call 01753 475111 (Option 3). If you are already registered you do not need to re-apply.