Extra Care Housing
Extra Care housing is for older residents, to help them to continue to live in self-contained accommodation and allow them to maintain their independence, dignity and personal choice.
There are two schemes in Slough.
There are 55 one-bedroom and 15 two-bedroom self-contained properties at The Pines. 17 of the properties were sold on a shared ownership basis* and the rest are for rent. Each property has a lounge, fitted kitchen and a bathroom with level access shower.
There are 47 one-bedroom and 9 two-bedroom self-contained properties at Northampton Place. 10 of these properties were sold on a shared ownership basis* and the rest are for rent. Each property has a lounge, fitted kitchen and a bathroom with a level access shower.
*Please note that under the shared ownership scheme, eligible applicants have to buy a 75% share of the property. Hanover Housing retain the other 25% but no rent or interest is payable on this 25%.
Services and advantages
- On site restaurant supplying hot meals 7 days a week.
- Regular social care activities for those who wish to join in.
- Communal cleaning and garden maintenance.
- All properties are linked to a 24 hour alarm system, to respond to emergency situations.
- A team of carers give support and assistance with personal needs as part of a formalised care package.
- Emergency care is available through the night. All care is assessed on an individual basis.
- An estate manager working on site.
- You are living at home not in a home.
- You have your own front door and decide who comes in.
- Couples and friends can stay together.
- There is a mix of able and less able older people.
- 24 hour care services are available if you need them.
- You get support to keep your independence.
- You have control over your finances.
- There is a small shop on site.
- There is a hairdressers shop with a visiting hairdresser.
- There is a mobile chiropody service every six weeks.
For more details call the estate manager on 01753 825671 or 01753 539733.
Who can apply for Extra Care Housing?
Applicants must be:
- aged 55 or over with care/support needs
- registered with SBC’s housing register for Extra Care to rent
- registered on SBC’s shared ownership register for Extra Care shared ownership. Applicants for Extra Care shared ownership must live in Slough or have a close family connection with the area.