Slough moves into covid tier 2

The change will come into force at 00:01 Saturday 24 October. Find out more details about Slough going into tier 2 and what it means.

Please go to our coronavirus pages for the latest guidance, how services are affected, and what help is available.

Extra care housing

Extra Care Housing

Extra Care housing is for older residents, to help them to continue to live in self-contained accommodation and allow them to maintain their independence, dignity and personal choice.

There are two schemes in Slough.

The Pines

There are 55 one-bedroom and 15 two-bedroom self-contained properties at The Pines. 17 of the properties were sold on a shared ownership basis* and the rest are for rent. Each property has a lounge, fitted kitchen and a bathroom with level access shower.

Northampton Place

There are 47 one-bedroom and 9 two-bedroom self-contained properties at Northampton Place. 10 of these properties were sold on a shared ownership basis* and the rest are for rent. Each property has a lounge, fitted kitchen and a bathroom with a level access shower.

*Please note that under the shared ownership scheme, eligible applicants have to buy a 75% share of the property. Hanover Housing retain the other 25% but no rent or interest is payable on this 25%.

Services and advantages

  • On site restaurant supplying hot meals 7 days a week.
  • Regular social care activities for those who wish to join in.
  • Communal cleaning and garden maintenance.
  • All properties are linked to a 24 hour alarm system, to respond to emergency situations.
  • A team of carers give support and assistance with personal needs as part of a formalised care package.
  • Emergency care is available through the night. All care is assessed on an individual basis.
  • An estate manager working on site.
  • You are living at home not in a home.
  • You have your own front door and decide who comes in.
  • Couples and friends can stay together.
  • There is a mix of able and less able older people.
  • 24 hour care services are available if you need them.
  • You get support to keep your independence.
  • You have control over your finances.
  • There is a small shop on site.
  • There is a hairdressers shop with a visiting hairdresser.
  • There is a mobile chiropody service every six weeks.

For more details call the estate manager on 01753 825671 or 01753 539733.

Who can apply for Extra Care Housing?

Applicants must be:

  • aged 55 or over with care/support needs
  • registered with SBC’s housing register for Extra Care to rent
  • registered on SBC’s shared ownership register for Extra Care shared ownership. Applicants for Extra Care shared ownership must live in Slough or have a close family connection with the area.

Contact us

Contact Housing Services

01753 475111

Housing Services
Slough Borough Council
Observatory House
25 Windsor Road
Slough, SL1 2EL

Related websites