Adult Social Care and how to access

How much will I be charged for my ongoing care and support?

If you are eligible for ongoing care and support from the council you will need to have a financial assessment to see how much you will need to contribute towards the cost of your care and support.

The financial assessment will check your income and savings, including income from pensions, some benefits and other assets. The amount you will have to pay will be calculated according to government guidelines and can take into account certain housing costs and disability-related spending.

During your financial assessment we also check to see you are getting all the benefits, credits and payments you are entitled to.

You don't have to have a financial assessment but if you don't you will have to pay the full cost of your care. If you can afford to pay for the help you need we can still help you with planning, arranging and managing your support if you can't do this on your own and you don't have anyone else to help you.

We will make an annual charge for arranging and managing your care and support at home.