Adult Social Care and how to access

What support do we offer?

This depends on your individual situation. We will always try to help you to find community support to stay as well as you can and at home for as long as possible.

When you first contact us for help we will ask you to tell us about your situation, the things you can do, the things you need help with and the help you are already getting. This is called a contact assessment.

Your contact assessment will help us understand your situation so we can offer the support that will help you best.

Assessments are free and available to everyone.

Once we are aware of your situation we may:

  • offer information and advice
  • refer you to our Reablement and Independence service for short term intensive support to help you regain your independence
  • offer ongoing care and support if you are eligible.