Problems paying?

Struggling to pay your council tax

If you’re struggling to pay your council tax, please contact us as soon as possible. The longer you ignore the problem, the worse the situation becomes.

If you currently pay your council tax over ten months from April to January, but want to request to pay over twelve months from April to March, please email us at

Please be aware that the total amount of council tax that you have to pay will be the same, but the amount you are asked to pay each month will be less.