We keep back files of a number of local newspapers covering different periods from 1812 to 2012. We also have a selection of local parish and local history society magazines.
Most issues are held on microfilm. Contact Library @ The Curve to book a microfilm reader.
Windsor, Eton & Slough Express, weekly
- Windsor, Eton & Slough Edition between 1812 and 1958.
- Slough Express from 1958 to date
- Windsor Express between 1957 and 1983.
Later copies are held at Windsor Library
Slough, Windsor & Eton Observer, weekly
- Slough, Windsor & Eton Observer 1883 to present.
- Ascot & Sunningdale Observer 1985-1989.
- Eton & Windsor Observer 1975.
- Slough Observer, Burnham edition 25 July 1980 to 29 Dec 1989.
- South Bucks Observer 18 Nov 1974 to 29 Dec 1989.
- South Bucks Observer, Iver edition 14 Apr 1978 to 29 Dec 1989.
- Windsor & East Berkshire Observer, 1983-1989.
You can also browse through the Slough Observer from 1883 to 1929, and search the nineteenth and some twentieth century Slough Observers on Slough History Online.
Slough, Windsor & Eton Observer Midweek, weekly
Help with finding the right article
- Slough Observer articles between 1883 and 1900, January 1902 and June 1905 and the years 1906 and 1910 are indexed by name and subject on Slough History Online.
- Index of the birth, marriage, death and memorial columns in the Slough Observer 1883-1929 are indexed on Slough History Online.
- Themed clippings files and newspaper index cards for records of big events from 1965 onwards.