We keep back files of a number of local newspapers covering different periods from 1812 to 2012. We also have a selection of local parish and local history society magazines.
Most issues are held on microfilm. Contact Library @ The Curve to book a microfilm reader.
Windsor, Eton & Slough Express, weekly
- Windsor, Eton & Slough Edition between 1812 and 1958.
- Slough Express from 1958 to date
- Windsor Express between 1957 and 1983.
Later copies are held at Windsor Library
Slough, Windsor & Eton Observer, weekly
- Slough, Windsor & Eton Observer 1883 to present.
- Ascot & Sunningdale Observer 1985-1989.
- Eton & Windsor Observer 1975.
- Slough Observer, Burnham edition 25 July 1980 to 29 Dec 1989.
- South Bucks Observer 18 Nov 1974 to 29 Dec 1989.
- South Bucks Observer, Iver edition 14 Apr 1978 to 29 Dec 1989.
- Windsor & East Berkshire Observer, 1983-1989.
You can also browse through the Slough Observer from 1883 to 1929, and search the nineteenth and some twentieth century Slough Observers on Slough History Online.
Help with finding the right article
- Slough Observer articles between 1883 and 1900, January 1902 and June 1905 and the years 1906 and 1910 are indexed by name and subject on Slough History Online.
- Index of the birth, marriage, death and memorial columns in the Slough Observer 1883-1929 are indexed on Slough History Online.
- Themed clippings files and newspaper index cards for records of big events from 1965 onwards.